February 19, 2010

Deconstructing music

The inner workings of music are a mysterious puzzle.

Sometimes I think "ignorance is bliss" and feel the temptation to leave the music box shut for fear that, once opened, all of the gears and beauty would come rushing out into the world and that I'd be left with naught but confusion in the box.

Reason prevails, so I set aside superstition and fables, take apart the music box, put it back together, and it works the same as it did before, but I'm no closer to understanding music.

So for now I'll just give the key another spin.

4 comments:

  1. In that you're always ready to try again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you considered getting help? Lol, no not a shrink, music lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have considered it.
    In the meantime I am relying on my trusty (not rusty) phonograph.

    ReplyDelete