April 15, 2010

Good humored causal relations

In a small square room bereft of door or window sat a man. He would be alone were it not for a short stubby candle, who instead of giving any form of companionship merely flickered coldly.

The candle was quite annoyed with the man’s ramblings, yet listened nonetheless for there were no means of escape, besides how would it do so even if there were, being naught more than a candle…Thus it listened to the man’s words:

To what evil do I owe this darkness inside? How have I become so different from those with whom I once dwelt the earth? We once looked alike, they and I, but now my inner self has stained my corporeal shell. Like feelings flowing from a wound, my inner shadows claim all colors as their own. Black rose, perchance sprinkled with tear shaped stars, longing for the memory of the vivid red that once was there.. now thornless, never to be seen again. Where has the life light gone? Ah, yes… It was snuffed by the darkness my inner self exuded, extinguishing all things bright…

At this point the candle died (of boredom surely), leaving the melodramatic man all alone in obscurity where he slowly melted away, dissolving into darkness…